Apple Launches New MacBook Pro with M3 Family of Chips: Apple has made a significant announcement regarding their new MacBook Pro models, which now feature a new family of M3 chips. These chips are manufactured using 3nm technology, and they come in three variants: M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max. The key focus of these new MacBook Pros is on providing a faster and more powerful user experience.
Here are some of the notable features and specifications of the new MacBook Pro models:
- Display: The MacBook Pro models feature a Liquid Retina XDR display, which is 20% brighter for SDR content, offering an enhanced visual experience.
- Camera: They come equipped with a 1080p camera, which is an improvement for video conferencing and content creation.
- Audio: An immersive six-speaker sound system ensures a high-quality audio experience.
- Battery Life: The new MacBook Pros boast an impressive battery life of up to 22 hours, providing long-lasting usability.
During the announcement, Apple chose to compare the new M3 chip MacBooks with the earlier M1 chip Macs rather than the previous M2 generation, showcasing the significant performance improvements.
In terms of performance, Apple highlighted that the render performance in Final Cut Pro on a MacBook Pro with the M3 chip is 7.4 times faster than the 13-inch MacBook with Core i7 and up to 60% faster than the 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. The M3 Pro and M3 Max chips are expected to deliver even better performance, making these laptops particularly suitable for creative professionals and business users.
Now, let’s take a look at the pricing for these new MacBook Pro models in India:
- The 14-inch MacBook Pro with the M3 chip starts at $1,599. It comes with 8GB of unified memory and 512GB of SSD storage.
To create a “crazy expensive” MacBook Pro, you can opt for the top-tier configuration:
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro with the M3 Max chip features a 16-core CPU, a massive 40-core GPU, 48GB of unified memory, and 1TB of SSD storage. This fully loaded configuration costs $3,999, which is a significant investment.
To further customize this high-end system, you have two upgrade options:
- RAM (Unified Memory): You can increase the memory from 48GB to 128GB for an additional cost of $1,000. This works out to $12.50 per gigabyte.
- Storage: If you require additional storage, you can upgrade from the base 1TB to 8TB for an extra $2,200. This equates to approximately $314 per terabyte.
So, if you max out both the RAM and storage options, a fully loaded MacBook Pro with the M3 Max chip will set you back a substantial $7,199. While this may seem expensive, it’s important to note that this configuration is a powerhouse of a system and offers exceptional performance that can outperform most competing laptops.